Granada living in spain Spain – foreign exchange specialists

Granada living in spain Spain

Contact Viva-Granada
Granada Costa Tropical Directory
 Members Sign In
User ID
(forgot password

1792 Members
3 People online

 Search Viva

Alicante Almeria
Malaga Murcia

 Directory & Services

 Granada Map
 Granada Forums
 Granada Reviews
 What's on in Granada
 Granada Travel Mate
 Spanish Phrase Book
 TV Guide

 Contact Us
 Web Sites
 Estate & Rental Agents

 Sponsored Links

Go Back or Living in Spain in up to Granada Living in Spain

 Residency, Granada Living in Spain 

Member Reviews

Not yet reviewed [Add your own review]


If you are living in Spain permanently (more than 183 days per year) it is advisable that you apply or “ Residencia”

Why residencia is recommended:

-     If you own a property in Spain and are not resident, the authorities retain 5% tax upon the sale of your property. N.B. If the property is in more than one name it is 5% per person, as stated in the escritura. If you are resident, no money is retained and you have two years in which to reinvest the money before it is taxed.
-     At present, if you are not resident and are stopped (whilst driving) by the Guardia Civil, you must be able to produce either originals, or certified copies, of passport, UK driving license, NIE documentation, empadronamiento. If you are resident you need only produce your residencia card

The only exemptions to this rule at this time (Jan 04) are:-

-     Persons working for Spanish companies
-     Students
- Persons with rights to a permanent stay in Spain e.g. people married to a
Spanish citizen who have taken up Spanish citizenship.

The above is taken from article 6 of the royal decree 178-2003

However, also mentioned in the royal decree is the proposal to abolish the residents permit for retired citizens and their family members.

In recent months, getting your residencia has been simplified – you now only need the following:

-     Passport – original and certified copy*
-     NIE number
- 4 passport size photographs
- Names of Mother and Father
- If your residencia has expired then the original is required, plus a certified
photocopy ( copia compulsada)

It can be obtained through:-

-     A lawyer or Gestor
-     Attend in Almeria personally C/Alcalde Muñoz, N°40 (Dependencias Cuerpo Nacional de Policia)

*As the original documents can be away for some weeks, we recommend that you take these to your local Town Hall and ask for a “ Copia Compulsada” which is a certified photocopy. These can then be used in place of your original documents, except for travelling abroad, until the originals are returned to you.

For Granada living in spain Spain, search no longer. is the comprehensive information directory covering every aspect of this beautiful region of Granada Spain. Find living in spain Granada information and so much more.
Copyright, Total Viva Ltd. 2003 to 2019. Please read our terms and conditions
Page Generation: 0.069 Seconds
Living in Spain in Granada, Granada Living in Spain Spain
Granada living in spain Spain, Granada Spain
Site Map